TABLE OF CONTENT
_1. FIRST THINGS FIRST: Understanding "who you are" is great in regards to knowing your character and it definitely has it's place. However, there is a stronger component to you, this component is the true foundation of "what you are" and making things happen in your life.
2. THE DETERMINING FACTOR: This chapter examines where do our dreams stem from and the most important piece to the puzzle of bringing it all together.
3. GOALS: The importance of all the things you think, say and do. Life is definitely a journey and you make a decision at some point to take control of your path. There's no gain in blaming others or making excuses for not doing something. It is 100 percent up to you and as long as you know what you want, it can be obtained. Goals. Which direction are you going? Learn a goal setting tactic that will help you prioritize and get things moving.
4. CAREER CONCEPTS AND FOCUS POINTS: The only limitations are those which we set up in our minds or permits others to have for us. Learn by example and create your own career concept and map out a plan to your main career focus point.
5. DISCOVERING FEAR AND HOW TO OVERCOME IT: How does fear show up in your life? Discover any hidden fear and learn how to overcome those subconscious actions that may be getting in the way of you achieving your dreams of becoming an actor.
6. REALITY CHECKS: There are many elements that will play a part of your success as an actor. Understanding and accepting what they are will bring peace of mind and make your journey that much better.
7. TALENT, TECHNIQUES & TEACHERS: If you're new to acting or any technique, discover the famed teachers, their history and techniques that has helped many actors bring their craft to life. Acting is first and foremost a craft. The best of the best understand this no matter how far they have come within their careers.
8. HUSTLE OVER TALENT: Step up your detective skills and become a task master. Implement this laid out Plan of Action to help secure more work for yourself.
9. MARKETING ESSENTIALS: To put your Plan of Action to work, you're going to need some tools to get started. Discover what they are and learn how to make them all work for you.
10. HOW TO GET AN AGENT: Learn how to convince an agent to sign you and discover the many marketing strategies to secure your very own.
11. AGENT MEETING TIPS: You've received a response from a talent agency and they want to meet with you. Now what do you do? Learn a few helpful tips that will help you prepare best. Includes a list of questions that every actor should ask their potential agents to determine if they are the best fit for you.
12. TEAM PLAYERS: When an actor is in demand there's usually a definite career need to secure more than one professional representative. Learn who those players are and when and why you should hire them.
13. TOP POWER CASTING DIRECTORS: If they don't know who you are, how can they hire you? Learn more about these top power casting directors and introduce yourself to these independent players who absolutely love new faces.
14. WAYS TO CREATE YOUR OWN OPPORTUNITIES: Learn tips to position yourself to secure and to create your own work that will generate more opportunities for you.
15. TOP MARKETING WEBSITES: As an actor you must market and expose your product to the casting community. If you are not in LA or NY, I would caution you if paying to use any website other than these listed.
16. FEEDING YOUR SPIRIT: Imagine what would happen if you feed your spirit on a constant basis. Having a successful career is more than you bettering your craft, it is also about becoming a better you and this list of reading material has helped many along the way.
18. BUILDING RESERVES: No one can tell you what to do with your money but while building a career as an actor, you will find that every penny counts. Learn about the most common financial pitfalls and be sure to avoid them.
19. TIPS FOR MOVING TO LOS ANGELES: Moving to another state is one thing but not having a clue as to what each area in that state is like is another. Check this check list before moving and gain insight on the surrounding areas of Los Angeles.
20. TAXES: SECURING YOUR MAXIMUM RETURN: Don't miss out on all the things you can write off at the end of the year for taxes. Gain insight on what all these itemized deductions are and ways to best prepare and organize them.
21. GLOSSARY TERMS FOR ACTING: Learn the most common used terms as an actor, on set and in the entertainment industry.
22. ENTERTAINMENT AND SURVIVAL MODE RESOURCES:This chapter includes a list of entertainment resources for your business essentials. It also includes helpful tips for surviving and navigating through Los Angeles.